Thursday 12 May 2011

Week 2 begins

Hi there,

Well to say I am disappointed that I haven't lost any weight this week is putting it mildly, though I am ecstatic that I did not gain anything either. Rather than dwelling on it though, I have been thinking about things I am going to change this week, to do the best by my body. I think that looking forward is very difficult when you have a disappointing week, yet it is most important that I do continue to focus on my ultimate goal and adjust my routines to get there. After all it was Albert Einstein who said: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results"

Now, I am not a fan of change, and sometimes find it very difficult to make changes to my routine. Therefore some of my short term goals (see Goals page) may seem very small and easy, but, if they are on my goals sheet it is because it is something that I may struggle to change. If you go to: www.mix1011.com.au and go to information about my challenge there is a goal sheet that you can download and use for your goals. To give you an example of some of my goals I will list here my 3 fitness goals and 3 nutrition goals for this week with a brief description as to what the challenge will be for me to reach that goal.

MY OVER ALL GOAL TO BE COMPLETED BY 19TH MAY 2011


TO LOSE 2 KILOS


Fitness Goals to achieve overall goal 

  1. Walk to the end of my street and back twice a day - The reason this will be a challenge is that I will do anything to avoid walking outside but I am happy to walk on a treadmill. I have only recently realised how reclusive I have become because of my weight. Whether it was because I could not walk very far and got exhausted very quickly, or I was embarrassed and worried what people were thinking. If I can reach this goal it will help me get out of the house more often
  2. To be walking at least 3000 steps a day - It is recommended that we walk 10000 steps a day. I am currently walking between 1500 and 2200 steps a day, and that is usually when I don't leave the house.
  3. To go swimming twice a week - I have started swimming once a week, if I increase it to twice a week the doctor tells me that it will help with my breathing.
Nutrition Goals to achieve overall goal
  1. Have Lemon water every day - In week one, I only had the Lemon Water for 4 days. I need to commit myself to having it every day for it to work properly.
  2. Reduce coffee to 2 a day - Lola Berry  (Nutritionist) has told me that the amount of coffee I drink could be contributing to my weight issue and sleep issues. I have been drinking coffee for a lot of years so I will be cutting down gradually.
  3. Have breakfast every day - This is going to be such a mighty hurdle for me. I find it so difficult to eat in the mornings, although I have found it easier when I have the Lemon Water. I know this is an important hurdle for me to overcome in order to change my current lifestyle
I also want to send out a huge 'Welcome' to those of you who have pledged to join me in this challenge. Weight loss for me has always been an issue, and I have found it to be one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I can stand in front of hundreds of people and speak, I can be assertive with those in higher positions than myself, I can be positive in my life but I find losing weight a massive challenge and I am so very grateful to Mix 101.1, Brig and Lehmo, the producers, Lola Berry and all of the callers who ring in with support and questions and I believe that with all of this support I am going to be able to tackle this challenge and learn ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I am looking so forward to doing more things with my children and granddaughter, to enjoying life and to being happy in all aspects of my life.

Please feel free to send though any questions, advice, difficulties, or even just to share your story with me, I look forward to hearing from you.

See you tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment