Monday 16 May 2011

Been feeling a bit down

Hi all,

Well this would have to be the hardest post I have put up, mainly because when I feel down and unmotivated I usually hide under the doona and shun the world. And it has taken me ages to get up the drive to write this today.

Why am I struggling?
I think I am mainly struggling because I didn't lose weight last week. Whilst I have been trying to refocus it is much easier said than done. I have tried to maintain the changes I have already made to my life, and I have managed to have my lemon water and breakfast. I haven't been to the gym as often as I usually go, but I have been increasing my steps. On Friday I only did 1200 steps but on Sunday I did 2689 steps. Reflecting on this, I think I have done quite well considering I have been feeling very flat.

How do I turn it around?

  1. By remembering and acknowledging all the support I am receiving - I am receiving so much support from my husband, children, my mother (in Tweed Heads), Brig and Lehmo and the staff at Mix 101.1, Lola Berry and all of you who call in and/or write to me with well wishes. I thank all of you for your ongoing support
  2. Remembering why I am changing my lifestyle - I am changing my lifestyle primarily for myself, so that I can enjoy living again without fear of having a heart attack. I am also doing this so that I can enjoy my family more and they can enjoy doing activities with me instead of me watching.
  3. Focusing on my ultimate goal - "FIT FOR FORTY" - I really want to be fit for my fortieth birthday, I want to be able to wear a size 14 dress or a pair of size 14 jeans when I turn 40. I want to be able to chase after my granddaughter without getting out of breath
Well, thats all for today, speak to you all soon

No comments:

Post a Comment